Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Take-Over

     Have you ever had an emotion or feeling that no matter what you do, you can't lure it out of your mind? Usually it's spurred by something new in your life; an experience, idea, or a person.         
     This feeling IS NOT an obsession. It's just a feeling, like jealousness, sadness, pride, or love. It's a strong feeling that overtakes all other feelings. It keeps you up at night and causes daydreams during the day. 
     You still proceed through your everyday business, normally to others, but obstructed inside your head. 
     Sometimes this feeling is good, sometimes it's bad. And sometimes, you don't know if it's either. 
     The feeling is not always definable. It can be somewhere between love and hate, fear and courage, or desire and disgust. 
     You can have the best day ever, yet this feeling stops you from feeling good. You wish that the trigger of this emotion just didn't exist, yet it does, and it isn't going away. Feelings aren't things that can simply be erased or forgotten- it takes a dramatic turn in that emotion, good or bad to change it. 
     There's questions in my life that I need answered. They consume me. Realistically I know that only time can answer them, yet they have taken over my thoughts and dreams. 
     Inside me I feel the urge for an outcome. Good or bad, I need resolution. I need to get back to "normal." I need to get back to sleeping at night. 
     Have you ever had an emotion or feeling that no matter what you do, you can't lure it out of your mind?

No comments: